Name:
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Monday, February 13, 2006

An Early Valentine

Emily,
Tonight I took you with me to the store so I could buy candy for my classes, at least that's the story we told mommy. :)

Our secret mission was to buy her a Valentines Day gift. I took you to where all of the flowers were and asked you if there was something that you wanted to get mommy. You immediately grabbed a ballon and declared that this was for mommy! The ballon was perfect as it simply said "I Love You."

Next I walked you to the cards. Again I simply asked you to find one that you wanted to give mommy. You selected a card that read "To Mommy from your Son" (yes, son). You were very insistent that this was the right card and so we got it.

While checking out, I wrote the check for 50 cents over so that we could ride the carrosel. Sadly, it was out of order.

Once home we had mommy hide so you could sign the card. Then we ran to the bedroom where she was hiding and you grinned and exclaimed "Happy Valentines Day Mommy." She loved the card and ballon. It almost made her cry.



side note: In the store you were very cute as you insisted on carrying the basket. You actually did for a short distance, then we carried it together for the rest of the trip. I felt very proud of you as you lugged your end around the store. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Audrey said...

I spit out my water when I read the part about "To mommy from your son"

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home