Name:
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Candy Land

Emily,
Yesterday I picked you up when I got home. You pushed back from me, looked me in the eyes and with the most serious face and low rumbling voice said “WE MUST PLAY GAMES!!!”

Are you my daughter or what? The queen of Candy Land.

Most nights we play at the kitchen table because that's where you see adults play board games. You have assigned each family member a game piece color. You are blue, mommy is green (her favorite color), Madison is yellow, and I, despite my many protests, am red. For the record, I tried to reason with you as to why I should be yellow but you are 2.5 and will have none of that.

What is truly amazing is that you seemed to understand the game. In fact, some games we actually play by the rules. Funny thing is, most games played by the rules, you win. Your grandmother tells me that when I was 4, I won my fair share of rummy games so it's no surprise that you dominate Candy Land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home