Name:
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

No Kisses? A Solution

Emily's refusal to give me hugs and kisses has expanded to any time except bedtime. This has forced me to get creative.

Previously:

Papa- "Emily, I'm leaving. I need a hug and kiss."

Emily- (turning her head, throwing her body to the ground or running away)"NO" or "NO HUGS AND KISSES!!!"

Papa- "How about a handshake instead?"

Emily will then shake my hand and smile. This was fun for a short spell but not affectionate.

One day when I leaned in to kiss her, before she could run away or drop to the floor, our eyes crosses. That inspired this.

Emily- "NO HUGS and KISSES!"

Papa- "How about and eye cross?"

Emily giggled and agreed so I expanded it to what has now become...

The Eye Cross, Eskimo Kiss, Head Butt :)

Yes, now every time we part ways we get eye to eye, rub our noses and bump our heads. It's really a lot of fun and though it may sound funny, it's very affectionate and a bonding activity for us. I guess you have to know Emily to understand :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home