Name:
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Monday, July 17, 2006

Good Manners

Today I finished writing a book to teach Emily the importance of using good manners. The story is called "Good Manners Gordon" and it follows her favorite character (obsession) from Thomas and Friends as he learns the importance of manners.

I wrote the story rather easily. I don't consider myself the most creative person in the world but I have seen so many Thomas episodes and read so many books that it was almost natural. I scanned pictures from her other books and even posed her toy trains for a picture or two to complete my little 7 page book.

The real test will come when I read it to Emily for the first time. My hope is that she simply enjoys the story.



update - Emily loved the story. She sat straight up in bed to hear about how Gordon got his manners. :)

update- Emily wanted to hear the story again after nap, then bedtime and the story slept on her night stand. She also, out of the blue, said "Thank you" to my mom for some clothes she bought her. Coincidence, maybe, maybe not. She giggles and talks about "Grumpy Gordon" which is what I call him in the story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home