Name:
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Kindergarten Starts Tomorrow


Sondra and I took the day off to attend Emily's kindergarten orientation last Thursday. It was a thrill to sit in the cafeteria and think, "Hey, this is it. Our first daughter is going to school." Pre-school just wasn't the same because it was more of a discovery whereas now it's all academic.

We listened to the principal give an overview of the school and then we went to Mrs. Freeman's room where she gave a detailed explanation of her class. I had 50 million questions swirling in my head but only asked when language arts was taught. The teacher in me wanted to know all about the curriculum but I held back.

The letting go begins.

I think the hardest part for me will be seeing her step onto the school bus. That feels so grown up to me. Your baby steps onto a bus and goes somewhere on her own. No mom, no dad, no grandma - traveling out of sight and growing up when we really want her to stay our baby forever. I think many parents would agree judging by the many who will be bringing their children to and from school.

We are so proud of you Emily.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're brave sending her on a bus- I'm thankful that's not an option for us- cause Kelsie would want to ride it! LOL

And I asked a million curriculum questions back in March at Open House- you're not the only one ;o)

Hope she has a great first day!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home