Name:
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Condors 4 Fresno 0

Emily's first hockey game was a game 6 playoff game for the local ECHL hockey club, The Bakersfield Condors.

Jumiping up and down screaming after the first goal, asking for a "high-five" after and penalty kill, Emily fit right in during her first hockey game and made her papa very proud.

Up and down from her seat. Letting the seat "squish" her together. The guy sitting next to Emily must of wondered what he'd gotten himself into. Emily who screamed at the top of her lungs every chance she had, sometimes for no reason was having the time of her life the way toddlers do. :)

The first period, Emily was full of energy. This was however, a pre-school day (up early) and she did not fall asleep at nap time. During the first intermission, she turned in her seat and made friends with the couple behind her but by 5 minutes into the second, she was in my lap.

It didn't help that the 2nd period was slow. Emily curled up and munched on popcorn. Soon she was snuggling in tight saying that she wanted to go to sleep (it was an hour past bedtime). I offered to take her home but she insisted on staying and perked up several times.

During the second intermission, Emily "had to go potty." Welcome to the mens room during a sporting event. We survived and I dodged a few questions on the way out. :)

I offered to take Emily home but she insisted on staying. She spent the 3rd period on my lap, snuggled into my shoulder. Every time the Condors scored, I jumped up and bounced her in my arms. She laughed histerically every time.

On the way out I bought her a small hockey stick to remember the night by. Emily said "maybe my yellow stick could help the condors." They need me but I would slip running around on the ice."

I carried her all the way to the car. She told me, "We have to come back to hockey on Wednesday."

The next day she was running around the house with her hockey stick saying, "I'm playing hockey" and "but papa didn't buy me a puck" to anyone who would listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home