Name:
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Monday, March 30, 2009

Emily Bathed Herself for the First Time Tonight



Emily, tonight I taught you how to wash your own hair and body. You will be 6 in a month and while you have had the ability to do it for a long time, you have not been willing to try it. Mommy says it's because you are a perfectionist and don't like to try things until you know you will get them perfect the first time.

Well guess what? You were perfect tonight! I showed you how to squeeze the shampoo into your hand and how to make sure you scrubbed really well. I set up a mirror so you could see yourself. You were surprised at how soapy your hair gets! After your hair was done you washed the rest of your body without prompting. You were awesome.

You were eager to try tonight and had fun doing it. We had a great time together. After the bath you even wanted to blow dry your own hair and that is when I snapped this photo.

I love you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Grampy said...

What A good dad you are !!

8:23 AM  
Blogger OurBoyDave said...

WOW! I am soo impressed! Claire still has a hard time with her hair and she is 8!! Next time you all come for a visit maybe I will turn over the reins to you Kurt and you can teach her!! Way to go Emily!!!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home