Name:
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Emily Learns Her First Adult Board Game

They say apples don't far fall from trees. If that is the case then perhaps Emily is still on the tree somewhere.

You see, I taught her the board game Ticket to Ride. A game designed for adult play and she is but 5. I played with only 2 small modifications. We each started with one route which we played face up. I put a marker at the beginning and ending cites so she could see what colors she needed to build. From there it was all her. Asking her on occasion, "what color do you need to collect?" She would reply by scanning the board and grabbing a card that she in fact needed.

My play was only intentionally helpful twice when I grabbed cards I did not need in order give Emily different colors to choose from.

At one point in the game I was trying to explain to her the she could make her route (2nd or 3rd one) shorter by taking a short cut in the middle. She insisted on collecting green cards and taking the long way so I just let her play her game.

Funny thing is, she won. She won fair and square. She won because she took the long way around and got the 10 pts for the longest route!

Go Em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home