Name:
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Madison Swimming

Maddy sounds very intelligent when she speaks.

Me - "Maddy do you want to come in the pool?"
Maddy - "No, it's Ok, I'm standing on the step." (pause - looks at me) "I'm Ok."

As if to say you can go away. :)

Last weekend we were swimming and I did drag her off of that step. As Emily was before her, she is terribly afraid of the water. I carried her around the pool. I held her belly as if she was "flying" in the pool and she practiced kicking.

Then I looked at her and said,"Do you want to go under water?" She said yes but must not have had any idea what I was talking about because when we came up her eyes about popped out of her head. Crying ensued but she settled and we continued about the pool all the while she was insisting we return to the step.

Later Cary took her out amid screams for PAPA! Cary transfered her to be with a push just enough to make her do a half stroke to reach me which she did with ease. Kids are natural swimmers. They just need to get over the fear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home