Name:
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A New Name for Papa

As I mentioned before, Emily has been very affectionate of late. She has taken to calling me "Papi" and does so in very loving voice.

Sometimes she puckers her lips and says, "I Luv my Papi." It's kind of like the way some people talk to their dogs using baby talk - "Dats a goood gurl!" - Yep it sounds just like that.

Then there are times she just calls me Pop. It sounds odd, but she does it with a smile so I'll take it.

I was just recalling with a friend tonight how when Emily was Maddy's age she would scream at the top of her lounges, "NO PAPA!" when I would try to do something with her esp. at night. It's hard to picture now but she would stand in a panicked state with her left arm extended to keep me away and scream and scream. I hate to admit this but sometimes Sondra and I would break out laughing because it was soooo dramatic.

At the time, my friend didn't believe me when I told her about the tantrums so I would call her mid-screaming and let her hear it. It was a real eye-opener because at the time Emily was always the perfect shy angel around company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home