Name:
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Maddy Wins a Game!

WOW! Madison just won "The Wiggles Memory Game." I am not joking or exaggerating. She won fair and square without any help. I am still in awe.

The memory game is a card game with all of the cards face down. You drawn 2, trying to get a match such as two cards with Dorthy or both cards picturing Jeff Wiggle.

To shorten the game I removed all of the cards that didn't have a picture of a character, that way Maddy recognized all of the pictures. That meant we were drawing from a pile of 16 cards. Maddy would pick up a card and I'd ask her who was on the card. She'd reply "DORTHY!" or "Cap Fe-sord" (Captain Feathersword). If her second card wasn't a match, I'd make her put both cards back. She seemed to catch on to this game mechanic quickly and after a few turns would toss her cards down the way toddlers do when it wasn't a match.

What can I say, she got lucky. I lost to my daughter who is 3 days shy of her second birthday. My 4 year old was playing too, so I wasn't the only loser.

In all seriousness it was amazing to watch. She would pick a card from the pile, reach down and grab the match. Then a turn without a match but the next one she'd match again.

The final score was 4-2-2. I really only had one match. I just happen to go last when there were only two cards left. Funny thing is, I was really trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home