Name:
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Sunday, September 16, 2007

AWANA and the New Wednesday

Emily has started AWANA. It's akin to scouts only church sponsored and Christ centered. AWANA is on Wednesday night so Emily leaves with Sondra when she goes to Bible study.

When Emily said, "You and Maddy will have to dance without me tonight" it about broke my heart. For the past two years, Wednesday has been the night I had the girls to myself. They were the two hours a week that Emily knew I existed so I clung tight to them. Although Emily has long since warmed up to me on other days, by and large the girls still fight tooth and nail for mommy's attention. Wednesday as it was was nice and I will miss it.

Wednesdays will now be all about Maddy! She's still a little young to really do to much with but it won't be long before we're playing as hard as Emily and I did. I am excited about this because it's hard to get 1v1 time with the kids. I remember a time in my life when my dad made sure we had 1v1 time and it meant a lot to me. I hope my time with the girls means the same to them. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home