Name:
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Bedtime Express


One night after dressing her for bed, I decided to give Emily a ride on my back. She called me Gordon so I played along and pretended to be the train. Along our journey, I gave every room in the house a station name.

This is now our latest nightly routine. After dressing Emily for bed, I lay down so she can get aboard at "“Bedroom Station."” To pay her fare, she gives me a kiss on the cheek and off we go to our first stop, "“Bathroom Station."” Living Room, Kitchen and Toy Room Stations are our other nightly stops depending on where Mommy, Kitty and Duckie are. Every time we stop to get more passengers (Kitty, Duckie, etc.), she must give me a kiss for each. Papa may not get any kisses during the day but "“Gordon"” gets plenty.

This game carried over to the everyday in her assigning the alter egos listed below. When I come or go she offers hugs and kisses but first asks "“Are you Gordon?"” Hey, I'’ll take them any way I can get them. :)

Conversations go..

P- "I love you Emily."
E- "NO, Gordon does."
P- "Papa love you too."
E- "Just Gordon does."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home